img-name-mising

CHAPELLE DE LA BROSSE

Historic site and monument in La Vôge-les-Bains

  • Neo-Gothic chapel from 1861 and former important place of pilgrimage. Here, people pray to the Virgin to heal the sick. The inside is papered with votive offerings. The stained glass windows recall the legend that a statue of the Virgin Mary, originally placed in the hollow of an oak tree in the middle of the “brosse” (brush), mysteriously moved to the church in Bains.
    In the park surrounding the chapel there is still a mission cross from 1886 and a memorial honouring the parish priest...
    Neo-Gothic chapel from 1861 and former important place of pilgrimage. Here, people pray to the Virgin to heal the sick. The inside is papered with votive offerings. The stained glass windows recall the legend that a statue of the Virgin Mary, originally placed in the hollow of an oak tree in the middle of the “brosse” (brush), mysteriously moved to the church in Bains.
    In the park surrounding the chapel there is still a mission cross from 1886 and a memorial honouring the parish priest Bernardin, who was responsible for the creation of the chapel.
    On the back of the tympanum of the entrance, an engraved text reminds us of this.
Services
  • Services
    • No pets allowed
    • No pets allowed