At the Port of Epinal, sportsmen, tourists and lucky inhabitants can access the Base Natur'O, a new tourist concept, to have fun in the middle of nature, for a few hours or a whole day. Between the Canal des Vosges and the Moselle, the Port d'Epinal invites you to relax, enjoy and play sports in a landscaped area where everything has been designed to make you have a good time.
The Base Natur'O is a real nature sports centre combining cycling, hiking and water sports. The Base Natur'O is available in three versions, for a maximum of memories :
Buoyancy, canoeing, kayaking, rafting & surfing
Sportsmen and women, but also lovers of aquatic sensations of all ages and levels, will be able to have a great time, with a multitude of white water activities at their disposal, in the brand new white water stadium of Epinal.
Do you want…
- to surf on a tailor-made wave?
- to go canoeing in the wake of the champions who are training here for the Olympic Games?
- to go rafting or on a buoy ?
- to swim in white water?
The course of the whitewater stadium allows for different flow rates, from gentle to fast. You can go canoeing, kayaking, white water swimming, rafting, buoyancy and even surfing.
Natur'O Vive is the ideal playground for the whole family, who can make wonderful memories here.
Natur'O Vive is also a fabulous preparation centre for top-level athletes.
Canoe, kayak, paddle, electric boat, pedal boat
At the Port d'Epinal, you have the possibility of practising a multitude of nautical activities gently. Come and discover the joys of canoeing, kayaking, Stand Up Paddle, electric boat without a licence or even pedal boat to enjoy the water gently, in a natural setting.
Our team of professionals will be delighted to welcome you and advise you on the activity that suits you best. Self-guided or accompanied descents, canoe, kayak, pedal boat and windsurf hire - all the equipment is regularly checked and meets the latest safety standards.
Natur'O Calme is also a privileged site for strolling along the water's edge, in a natural setting conducive to nature observation. The banks of the river and the canal invite you to dream and to discover a discreet fauna and a preserved vegetation.
Mountain bike, VTC, VAE, Tandem, Fat bike & Child trailer(s)
At the Port of Epinal, the Base Natur'O has a space dedicated to cycling, which offers rental and advice, so that you can enjoy a bike ride in complete peace of mind, according to your desires.
Mountain bike, electrically assisted bike, tandem, fat bike, children's cart, whatever your project, Natur'O Vélo will offer you the ideal equipment.
You have your own bike, but you need advice for a nice, perfectly signposted ride? Our team is there to provide you with all the information you need, with that little extra something that invites you to discover an original heritage, a gourmet stop, a great photo spot...
Do you need to re-inflate your tyres, test your brakes or remount your saddle? At the Base Natur'O, you will find all the assistance you need to get off to a good start.
The Port of Epinal is the ideal starting point for a quiet ride on the Voie Bleue cycle route.
The Base Natur’O is also…
- Image Museum
The Image Museum presents one of the most important collections of popular imagery printed in Epinal, in France and in the world.
Guinguette, terraces or picnic areas, take your pick.
- Hiking & cycling
« La Voie Bleue" cycle route 75km along the Vosges canal
- Fitness area & playground
Living spaces for leisure and sports for all generations
- Motorhomes & pleasure boats
5,20€ / night
Tourist tax included
Reception at the Base Natur'O
Avenue de la République, Port d'Epinal
- July & August : Open every day, from 9am to 7pm
- April > June & September > October : Open every day except Monday, from 9am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 6pm
- November > March : Open Tuesday to Saturday, from 9am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5pm
Conditions of access
- Access to the leisure centre is free from the age of 16. For children from 8 to 15 years old, access is only possible with an adult and a certificate that the child can swim.
- Bring a swimming costume, t-shirt and closed shoes. A wetsuit, available for hire, is recommended.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start of the activity.
Reservations can be made on site or at the local tourist offices :
- By phone : 03 29 37 87 71
- By e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- In one of the 4 tourist information offices: Epinal, Charmes, La-Vôge-les-Bains and Xertigny
How to come ?
- By car: 45 minutes from Nancy // 30 minutes from Remiremont // 50 minutes from Saint-Dié-des-Vosges
- By bus: Imagine 1 line, Imagerie and Port stops (Monday to Saturday) // Imagine 5 line, République stop (Sunday)
- By self-service electric bike: Port - Musée de l'Image station (VilVolt application required)
- On foot: 10 minutes from Epinal town centre